Author Topic: Minecraft 1.6.4?! + 1.7 update concerns  (Read 4476 times)

Offline Goatie

• Administrator
  • IT WASN'T ME!! *hides*
    • View Profile
Minecraft 1.6.4?! + 1.7 update concerns
« on: September 21, 2013, 11:04:51 AM »
So when I woke up this morning I went and opened up Minecraft to tweak some server settings in-game but for some weird reason it told me the server was outdated. Apparently Mojang sent out an update without any kind of warning. So the current version(1.6.4) of Minecraft doesn't work with the server. There is a fix to this though! Open Minecraft, press the 'New Profile' button and go down to the 'Use version' dropdown box and select 'release 1.6.2'. You can also edit your current profile if you want. 1.6.4 only fixes a minor bug concerning world generated buildings in single-player.
I'll keep an eye on the Bukkit releases and wait for them to send out a stable enough version of 1.6.4 which hopefully will be available within the next few days if they got enough time on their hands.

Now on to the 1.7 concerns I have...
After reading some more information on the new way Minecraft will generate worlds in the upcoming 1.7 update it seems like option 2(from previous post) might not work the way I was hoping. So updating the server to 1.7 will go the same way as when we updated to 1.6.2 although this time it'll stay vanilla without any kinds of plugins and whitelisting will stay on. I've skimmed through some of the posts on Facebook and seen most of you have been annoyed by guests accessing the server so that's why it'll be whitelisted.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
-Albert Einstein

Offline Fiji Wiji

• View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: Minecraft 1.6.4?! + 1.7 update concerns
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 07:52:01 PM »
After looking at all of the new biomes, I think having to restart won't be that bad.

Offline cindy_reddeer

• Stalker of BDH Minecraft Server
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Minecraft 1.6.4?! + 1.7 update concerns
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 02:49:37 AM »
It's always fun to rebuild. :) Maybe I'll make my house bigger this time. lol
I run from the Zombie Horde